Villagers, monks, nuns, artisans and traders are among the locals with which travelers connect on Boundless Journey’s “Myanmar: Ancient Passages” tour in October. With the focus on cultural encounters, and enriched by the tour company’s incomparable local connections, the trip includes:
- Artisan districts of Mandalay, the cultural center of Myanmar
- A jade market, 11th and 12th-century temples in the ancient capital of Bagan
- 2-night deluxe, small ship cruise down the Irraawady River
- Fishing and pottery villages
- Ancient capital of Bagan, home of thousands to 12th-century temples.
- Explore the markets and villages by foot, bicycle, or horse and carriage
- Inle Lake leg rowers, floating gardens and silk weaving
Your guide Ohnmar Htun: born of an Intha family in a small village on Inle Lake, a university graduate who is eminently knowledgeable of her home country and proficient in English, Ohnmar is one of Boundless Journey’s most personable and fun traveling companions and expert guides.