Villagers, monks, nuns, artisans and traders are among the locals with which travelers connect on Boundless Journey’s “Myanmar: Ancient Passages” tour in October. With the focus on cultural encounters, and enriched by the tour company’s incomparable local connections, the trip includes:
- Artisan districts of Mandalay, the cultural center of Myanmar
- A jade market, 11th and 12th-century temples in the ancient capital of Bagan
- 2-night deluxe, small ship cruise down the Irraawady River
- Fishing and pottery villages
- Ancient capital of Bagan, home of thousands to 12th-century temples.
- Explore the markets and villages by foot, bicycle, or horse and carriage
- Inle Lake leg rowers, floating gardens and silk weaving
Your guide Ohnmar Htun: born of an Intha family in a small village on Inle Lake, a university graduate who is eminently knowledgeable of her home country and proficient in English, Ohnmar is one of Boundless Journey’s most personable and fun traveling companions and expert guides.
You can count on:
- Gorgeous, deluxe accommodations, including two nights on a cruise ship
- Private, air-conditioned ground transportation
- All meals except 3 dinners
- Entry fees, all activities
- All tips except for the lead guide and cruise staff
- From $5,995 pp