[pullquote]Chief Culture Vulture, Author, Founder/Editor of Deep Culture Travel, Karen Misuraca
A long-time travel journalist and author, I am a history maven and a life-long learner. Just like you, I crave connections to cultures different than my own. Not a fan of big groups and jam-packed tourist attractions, I enjoy like-minded companions and the transformative experiences offered by the top small-group tour companies in the world. Here on Deep Culture Travel, you will find my recommendations for guided, and self-guided, tours.
Whether lolling under a palm tree, cruising the seas, or skulking around a museum, we travel writers take to heart our mission, which is to reveal and to venerate rare and irreplaceable earthly delights. Join me! (and do let me know what you learned and loved on your latest travel adventure.
Keep track of me here on Facebook
Follow DeepCultureTravel here on Facebook[/pullquote]
A curated portal to cultural travel, on tour and on your own, Deep Culture Travel recommends and connects you to culture-focused travel experiences offered by the best tour companies in the world–and we throw in ideas for your own self-guided adventures, too.
into cultural tours of a lifetime!
Join the tribe and subscribe to DCT for
the latest news on life-altering,
culture-focused tours around the world.
- History, museums, art, music, architecture
- Small-ship cruises & train travel
- Walking, biking, hiking, and cooking as cultural experiences
- Private, behind-the-scenes access
- Real people connections, learning vacations
DCT “vets” tour companies for you by:
- interviewing management & guides
- getting reviews from travelers
- trying out the tours ourselves!
Copy DCT? You are welcome to publish excerpts from our posts, as long as you always include the link www.DeepCultureTravel.com
Photos: Images on this website are the copyrighted property of DCT, or they are images copyrighted by other companies. Please do not republish them without permission. Just ask!
Contributors: DCT will welcome guest posts in the near future. In the meantime, please do not send pitches or questions about submissions! When we’re ready, you’ll find a Guidelines for Contributors page.
Sponsors, partners, advertisers: connect with Deep Culture Travel’s audience of sophisticated, educated, frequent travelers–a tribe of history buffs, art and architecture lovers, foodies, and lifelong learners!
Hire Me to write about your destination and your tours. I’m available for freelance assignments, commissions, and partnerships. In addition to cultural travel, I specialize in golf travel worldwide, and California travel. (I am not paid to write the posts on this site; when I am a guest of a tour company or a destination, I will mention that.)
What have YOU been up to? Do let us know when you come across a great tour company, or enjoy a cultural experience on your own. We would love to share your recommendations with our readers, and we’re always happy to answer questions and respond to your comments and suggestions. Contact DCT
- Backroads of the California Coast
- The California Coast
- Backroads of the California Wine Country
- Our San Francisco
- Fun w/the Family Northern California
- Quick Escapes San Francisco
- Insider’s Guide to Yosemite
- 100 Best Golf Resorts of the World
- DK Eyewitness Top 10 San Francisco
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide California
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide San Francisco
- Travel features for meetings and inflight magazines, newspaper travel sections, and online content.