[pullquote]“On the last day, my son said ‘I’m so sad to be leaving. This was the best vacation of my life, and I will never forget it.’” Bolingbrook, IL family[/pullquote]A summer or fall bike trip in the Mosel Valley of Germany could be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for your family. And it’s hard to beat Austin Adventures as your tour company—Travel + Leisure has named it “Top Tour Operator for Families” and one of the world’s “Top Tour Operators.”
On the Germany Family Mosel Valley bike tour this July or August kids will love the castles and palaces; Pop Art at the Ludwig Museum; biking on gentle, mostly flat paths; Roman ruins, marketplaces, and curio shops, and the fun of cruising along the banks of the Sûre and Mosel rivers.
Highlights of Germany Family Mosel Valley Bike Tour
- Explore medieval Burg Eltz and Cochem castles
- 2,000-year-old Roman city of Trier
- Historian-guided walking tour of Neumagen
- Old marketplace in the resort town of Zeltingen
- Middle Mosel Museum in a Baroque villa, and the gated bridge at Traven-Trarbach
- Shop for curios, stop for snacks in the town markets
- Cochem and Burg Eltz medieval castles
- Traditional half-timbered houses in Bernkastel
- Metternich Castle in Beilstein
[pullquote]“Austin Adventures planned everything to a “t.” I could NEVER have planned and executed this trip on my own. There were so many extra touches.” –Baltimore, MD family[/pullquote]
Germany Family Mosel Valley Tour Details
- Small group and/or private group tours
- From $2,698 per person; children: $2,158 to $2,428 (kids 7 and up)
- Optional bike mileage
- Trained, first-aid certified professional guides beloved by the kids
- All meals and biking equipment, vehicle support & land transport
- Taxes, gratuities, park and museum entrance fees.
- 6:1 guest-to-guide ratio
With many family-oriented tours in Europe and around the world on offer, AustinAdventures.com has a “live chat” feature that makes it easy to get your questions answered when you’re browsing for trips.