Designed by G Adventures for families with teenagers, Amazon to the Andes Teenage Adventure is a trip of a lifetime to Peru! Your kid or grandkids will never forget the lost city of the Incas––Machu Picchu–– or staying in a jungle lodge on the Amazon, and all the history and cultural riches of Lima and Cusco.
Besides providing award-winning, small-group cultural tours for active travelers, G Adventures works with Planeterra Foundation, a non-profit organization that focuses on the social and environmental welfare of the communities and the people touched by G Adventures tour groups.
- 4-day guided Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu, accompanied by cooks, porters, and Inca Trail specialists
- Guided tour of the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu, with optional visit to the Inca Bridge
- Ollantaytambo ruins in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit a women’s weaving project in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village that now runs the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant
- Shopping at a local artisan market
- Explore Cusco
- Fly to Puerto Maldonado for boat to the comfortable and exclusive G Lodge Amazon
- Wildlife expeditions on the Amazon with G Adventures
- Guided wildlife excursions by expert naturalists
- Optional tour of Lima: Museo Rafael Larco Herrera’s exhibits of Paracas and Nazca cultures. Explore the districts of Miraflores, Barranco and San Isidro and try the city’s famous ceviche!
- Optional activities near Cusco: horseback riding around archaeological sites, white water rafting on the Urubamba River; and mountain biking.11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners.
- Hotels/guesthouses (6 nts), camping (3 nts), G Lodge Amazon (2 nts).
- Transport by public bus, plane, train, boat, canoe, hiking
- Group: average 12, maximum 16; minimum age 12
- Departures: July and December 2015