After your family’s tour of Croatia with Adriatic Luxury Journeys this summer, your kids or grandkids will surprise their teachers with how much they know about medieval architecture and the history of the Roman Empire.
Offering a nice combination of cultural and arts attractions and easy, outdoor adventures, the Croatia Family Experience is specifically for kids, from grammar school ages through high school. You will join only a few other families on an exploration of Croatian towns and countrysides, national parks, Dalmatian islands, and an historic knight’s tournament. Guides are knowledgeable Croatian natives who will entertain the kids and plan plenty of beach time, arts and crafts, cooking lessons, game rooms and more, in addition to spinning tales of the unforgettable cultural history of the country.
- 300-year-old knights’ tournament Sinjska Alka
- Life & culture of Neanderthals in Krapina
- At Hrvatsko Zagorje, create art with a Croatian artist
- Birthplace of the inventor Nikola Tesla
- Explore Postojna Caves
- Hike through the waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Lipizzaner horses in Slovenia, Batana Museum
- Craft markets, art galleries, traditional cuisine
- Historic sites of Dubrovnik and Split
- Spend a day with local kids at a sandy beach in Split
- Cooking class of a typical Dalmatian meal
- Biking around the cultural mecca of Rovinj
- Sail to islands of Vis, Pakleni and famous Hvar
- Swim, hike & bike around the lakes of Mljet National Park
Lauded by Conde Nast Traveler, Luxury Travel Magazine, Travel Weekly and other media, Adriatic Luxury Journeys are known for their in-depth itineraries in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Italy, Bosnia and Albania. All tours include luxury accommodations, English-speaking local guides and friendly English-speaking chauffeurs. Private guided tours are also available.
Have you taken your kids or grandkids to Europe? If so, do let us know of your recommendations for tours or destinations.