The Grand Tours of Ireland are brand new rail adventures aboard the Belmond Grand Hibernian, the new Celtic sister to the world-famous Belmond Royal Scotsman and the first luxury touring train in Ireland. Accommodations are sumptuous, daily outings are culture focused, and onboard entertainments, cuisine and festivities are legendary. Three itineraries are available, through October, in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland:
Highlights of 2-night “Realm of Giants” journey north from Dublin to Belfast and Portrush
- Titanic Experience in Belfast
- Giant’s Causeway
- Old Bushmills Distillery
- English Market culinary tour in Cork
- Expedition by jaunting car, or pony and trap
- Boating on Lough Leane w/option to fish for trout and salmon
Highlights of 4-night tour “Legends and Loughs” journey from Cork to Killarney, Galway and Westport
- Behind the scenes at Jameson’s Whiskey distillery
- Private access to Blarney Castle gardens
- Cross the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge
- Sporting activities at Ashford Castle (shooting, falconry, archery)
- Sheepdog trials and traditional Irish music and crafts in Galway
6-night “Grand Tour of Ireland” encompasses both tours above
Details of the Ireland on the Grand Hibernian Luxury Train tours in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
The elegant sleeper carriages accommodate just 40 passengers in en-suite cabins
Two dining cars serve authentic Irish fare, fresh seafood, luscious local cheeses, memorable whiskeys and wines(all meals and libations included).
Observation car for socializing, viewing, listening to live Irish music and entertainments
Golfers alert! daily tee times custom golf extensions can be arranged
From $3,450 to $8,500 per person
Belmond Ltd. is a collection of upscale hotel and travel experiences that began with the acquisition of the Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice, and now includes 45 primarily European hotel, rail and river cruise experiences, luxury trains including the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express; and safaris.
I’ve cruised Ireland by boat and by car — these train trips look fabulous!